Friday, April 1, 2011

MMMM: Headband

I've been on sort of a creative slump lately but I had an idea today. I'm going to find items that I like or inspire me and remix them for babies/children. Today I decided the first place I would go is to Anthropologie. I decided that no matter what, I was going to find something there to remix. Surprisingly, within no time at all, I found this headband...I like the bead work, but of course that wouldn't work for babies because of the choking hazard. I thought the Swarovski crystals was a great touch and decided to keep that in mind. Kelis isn't old enough for an actual headband so I had to switch that up as well. Here's my remix...I used felt and instead of beads I hand stitched spirals. I wanted a rugged look so I didn't try to make the stitches perfect. I added a rhinestone to the center of each circle to give it a bit of sparkle like the original. I also replaced the headband with thin black elastic.
Tomorrow we're going to a birthday party! Guess what headband she's going to wear! She has a cute pink jumper dress and a nice black turtle neck with pink boots! She's going to look CUTE! I'll be sure to take pictures so you all can see her OOTD (outfit of the day).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...