Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pattern Review: Heidi and Finn Chic Cocktail Swing Coat Pattern

Please excuse the poor quality of this photo but I can't find my camera charger so I had to take this picture with my phone.

Pattern: Chic Cocktail Swing Coat by Heidi and Finn

Size: It came with 12months - 5T. I made the 12months.

Skill level: I would say it was beginner/intermediate level.

Was the pattern easy to follow: It was extremely easy. I am pleased to say the organization of the pdf was superb. One thing in particular that I was pleased about was the page in the pdf that showed you how to piece together the pattern once you print it. It made things very easy.

Did you make any alterations to the pattern: Yes! The original pattern has a bow tie closure on the outside of the coat. As much as I love bows I thought two big buttons would be neater, cuter and more practical for my 13 month old.

What fabric did you use: I used a black medium weight slightly stretchy cotton fabric for the outer and a pink cotton for the lining.

Did your finished product look like the original design: For the most part yes! The only difference was I didn't add the bow tie closure.

What did you dislike about the pattern: My only complaint would be that it's too big for my daughter. The arms are quite long. But it looks pretty stylish with the arms rolled up anyway.

Would you make this again: Of course! I've been searching my house looking for more fabric to make another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...